Wondering if you are pregnant, but it is too early to take a test? Here are some possible tell-tale signs that you could be eating for two before you get the (+).
- Constipation. For some this is a say to day struggle, but if you are a regular gal and find yourself a little backed up, this could be an early positive sign of pregnancy. Hormones begin to flux immediately and being constipated could be a result of your ever-fluctuating hormone levels and the increase in Progesterone which naturally slows your digestive system.
- Veins. Do your beautiful breasts look a bit like road maps? Being extra vascular may be a sign that you are pregnant. As the uterus expands to make room for the growing fetus, pressure can be placed on the inferior vena cava which is the large blood vessel that runs down the right side of your body. This reduces blood flow to the legs and may cause varicose veins, hemorrhoids…but that is for later discussion.
- Stuffy Nose. Yes, that is right! Due to extra mucous production you may notice yourself a little stuffier than usual. This is not the only place you may notice the extra mucous discharge…
- Metallic Taste. Also known as dysgeusia, this sensory change often starts to go away after the first trimester but it can stick around for the duration of the pregnancy. It can be really of putting, especially when you are already feeling a bit under the weather, not to worry, this symptom usually goes away by 2nd trimester.
- Dizziness. Low blood pressure readings during pregnancy can lead to dizziness. So as an early sign this can be alarming, but no cause for concern. Just take it easy and get off of your feet until it passes. Of course it is always worth mentioning to your doctor.
- Strong smelling urine. In the early stages of pregnancy, you may experience a new super power… your ultra sensitive nose. You may notice that the smell of your urine seems stronger than usual. Be sure to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated to lessen this unpleasant side effect.