Autumn can play some nasty tricks on your skin with its winds and chilly weather. But you can give your skin a treat by using the perfect ingredient of the season, pumpkin, to reveal glowing new skin underneath.
Pumpkin contains a lot of amazing properties that benefit the skin in many different ways. So how does pumpkin help skin?
- Pumpkin is packed with fruit enzymes and alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which increase cell turnover, to brighten and smooth the skin.
- Pumpkin contains antioxidant Vitamin A and Vitamin C to help soften and soothe the skin and boost collagen production to prevent the signs of aging.
Ok, thanks for reading all of that, now on to the good stuff. Your free Pumpkin Clarifying Mask recipe.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- ¼ cup fresh organic pumpkin puree (you can totally use organic canned pumpkin if you are in a crunch for time, we won’t tell anyone).
- 1 tsp Manuka Honey or raw honey, definitely not the kind that comes in a plastic bottle – from anywhere.
- ¼ tsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp organic turmeric powder
- Simply add all of the ingredients to a small dish and stir well to combine.
- After cleansing your face with an Enzyme Fruit Facial Cleanser (join the club today & save 20% plus FREE shipping), apply an even layer of mask all over the face, neck, and décolletage as desired and allow the mask to dry completely (15-20minutes) before wiping it away with a warm damp cloth. You can also rinse off the mask in the shower or bath.
- Refrigerate any extra you may have, but DO NOT use this after 5 days (it’s fresh, mold & bacteria are already planning a party in your mix). Repeat twice weekly for best results.
If you try it, let us know! You can email us your thoughts & pictures (we LOVE to read & see things from you!!) or hashtag us on Instagram @BeeMaternalOrganics #PumpkinFace
Be sure to subscribe to our YouTube Channel for upcoming episodes of Making It Monday with your Skincare Formulation Specialist, Lindsay.